Going through an interview is a common occurrence in a person’s life. An interview can be for acceptance in a job or for admission to a school. One also undergoes an interview when applying for a visa to go to other countries. One can also be asked to interview people as part of his or her work or in conducting community surveys. Even Liaise Divorce Solutions have interview portions. But very few people know how to triumph an interview.
Different Kinds of Interviews
People become involved in interviews every day. An interview is a formal meeting or a discussion with someone to get more information.
Interviews are conducted for different purposes. The most common type of interview is the selection interview. This type of interview is used for screening,hiring and placing applicants, employees and members of an organization. A person can also be interviewed for a job, a bank loan or even an overseas travel visa application. In job interviews, you are screened based on your skills and the company’s requirements. Bank loan interviews are conducted to determine if you should be granted a loan based on its purpose and your ability to repay it. Interviews for visas are conducted to determine if a foreign government will grant you permission to visit their country and issue the needed documents. Other examples of this type of interview include:
- college entrance interview;
- promotion interview;
- job interview for positions such as bank teller, nurse, secretary and plumber;
Interviews are important because they create opportunities for people to ask and/or answer questions on subjects that concern them. We
should not be afraid of interviews because they help us discover new things about other people, particular situations, opportunities, and/or problems.
Preparing for an Interview
- As an interviewee, first find out the exact venue of the interview and how to get there. This way, you won’t get lost and can arrive on time.
- Leave your house early and calculate how much time you will need to get to the interview on time.
- Prepare what you will wear at least a day before to make sure that you have a suitable attire for the interview. Remember, how you look will be the first thing the interviewer will see. You should therefore be presentable.
- Once you agree to participate in an interview, you should know why you are being interviewed. This will help you prepare yourself as well as the documents you might need in the interview. Doing this can save you the trouble of going back just to show the interviewer the required document.
- Read and fill up the application from carefully. Know what you wrote by heart. Always be honest when applying for something.
- Since you know what the interview is about, think of possible questions the interviewer might ask you and prepare answers for these.
- Good interviewees also do research. Read or ask other people about the topic or the type of interview you will participate in.