The most important factor you need to show your employer when applying for a job would be making sure that their first impression of you is good and positive. How you handle yourself and what you are capable of doing is how interviewers would base their judgement of your character. How you look and the clothes you are wearing for the interview would always be the first things that they will notice. That is why no matter what the work environment is, you need to look good and dress sharply for every job interview. Physical appearance may not directly appeal so much with the interviewer but looking young and gorgeous is one of the score you shouldn’t fail to hit. Sometimes, even facial disfigures tend to distract interviewers, having a mole, scars, or anything unusual on your face during interview might give you a poor rating, that is why some applicants may even seek for a cosmetic surgery. Surgery basically is expensive and there is a fear of failed surgery, but try to look for the trusted surgeon, www.therhinoplastycenter.com might help you a lot, they offer a lot of information and guidelines before and after surgery (they actually specializes in nose jobs).
What is appropriate in an interview? The way you dress signals several things about yourself:
– That you are giving an assurance of your skills and abilities because you understand the importance of dressing professionally.
– Because you dress professionally employees of the company as well as the interviewers will see that you are actually showing respect by dressing properly.
A candidate who is dressed well especially if they wear a coat and tie would always give a better impression and seem more professional and important compared to applicants who only wear shirt and jeans.
There are many ways to ensure that you are dressed properly for a job interview. Here are some tips to help you dress properly for job interviews:
1. Find out the company’s dress code – Always call the human resources in advance or ask the company’s receptionist about their dress code policy. In case they have a casual wear environment always remember to look clean and a bit formal. Always know the difference between outfits for shopping, parties, and other occasions from outfits that you can wear for job interviews. Remember to look appropriate for the interview.
2. Be conservative – If you are going to an interview do not wear your party dress. You have no way of knowing what your interviewer would like to see and you will always be judged based on how you look and what you are wearing. One of the best ways to ensure that you look well for a job interview is to go for a conservative look.
3. Choose clothes with neutral colors – Wearing clothes that are too dark or bright can be distracting, so it is recommended to wear conservative, neutral colors. For dresses and blouses you can wear pastel colors and for suits black, white, brown, or gray are good colors. You may look too arrogant if you want to add too much color to your dress, always keep it simple so you won’t make a fashion statement during a corporate interview.
4. Always go for a professional, polished look – Always remember that corporate interviews are different from night outs and parties so never show off your skin. interviewers would always want to see applicants who look polished and professional, be careful not to look too dressed for the interview as well.
Here are other useful tips if you are applying for a job that directly interacts with clients like real estate agents or sales people:
Always be yourself – Being somebody you are not will only cause you to be tensed and stressed out. Remember to keep calm and comfortable at at the same time be comfortable with yourself. Always let your image represent you best. Keep in mind that interviewers will not be impressed with your personal style as they are always looking to see if you are ready for work.
Avoid wearing too much jewelries – You don’t want to make an impression that you are too rich for your job as it may scare away potential customers and clients. Wearing large gold bracelets and earrings will make you look intimidating. Just wear simple jewelries that will make you look presentable and professional at the same time.