Digital marketing professionals are a part of an ever evolving niche industry that many people don’t understand very well. We see the digital marketing skills of professionals when we recognize the successes of the companies they represent, but we never truly see behind the scenes. The high velocity of digital change can be hard to keep up with and digital marketing managers need to hone their skills almost daily to enact the necessary changes on websites they service to ensure success. This is the reason why digital marketing skills today are in demand like the ones offered by www.drinkbrainjuice.com.
With the fast and ever evolving web, numerous new jobs have been created seemingly overnight. To give you an idea of what digital marketing managers are faced with, here is a list of the skills set they need to come equipped with!
1. Data analysis- when Internet marketing was still in its infancy, data analysis was left up to other professionals. However, in this day and age, digital marketers are twice as likely to succeed when they understand how to analyze data.
2. Email marketing- marketing via email is a powerful tool when used correctly, but it requires niche marketing skills, open rates and conversions, as well as bounce analysis for it to succeed.
3. Search engine marketing- this type of marketing generally has two sides. One side involves optimizing web content to gain higher search engine rankings and the other is using Google’s AdWords and paying for clicks.
4. Social media marketing- advertising efforts can be automated on social media, but digital marketers need to understand the different platforms available and how to successfully approach marketing.
5. Content marketing- this marketing type can improve SEO and lead to better sales. Content can be provided in the form of articles, infographics, videos, and free ebooks.
6. Mobile marketing- this skill is becoming more of a necessity than ever as most websites aren’t prepared for mobile users.
7. Visual marketing- when visual posts are created, they are 100 percent more likely to be read than text driven posts. Good marketers know the importance of using visuals!
8. Viral marketing- brand awareness is an integral part of any marketing campaign. It is rare that a post or video goes viral, but it can happen, therefore, some efforts should be invested in viral marketing.
The job of a digital marketer is never done! The skills necessary to succeed in the industry are constantly changing and evolving, so it is necessary to invest time and energy into new technology.